Lots of Little Scream news to share. I’m going to number this so I don’t lose track!
1. Happy Release Day! The Golden Record is finally out in all fine music retailers. We are so proud to be a part of it.
2. Check out the video for “The Lamb” above. It was done by Parabola Films and debuted today at Gorilla Vs. Bear.
3. The Golden Record is streaming in its entirety, free of charge, at Spinner.com here.
4. At participating retail stores and for one lucky mail order customer, 70 Golden Tickets will be hidden inside copies of The Golden Record. Each customer who receives a Golden Ticket is entitled to a hand-painted pendant made by Little Scream’s Laurel Sprengelmeyer.
“Over the last year I have had less and less time to spend in my painting studio. To compensate, I created a miniature studio out of a cigar box that I can take with me on the road. From this miniature studio, I have begun to create miniature paintings. Miniature paintings have a long and diverse history, encompassing the sacred and the sappy. I like to think of these small works as embodying both.
The pendants that golden ticket winners will receive are all hand crafted by me, containing signed and numbered copies of original paintings. I like to think of them as part of an ‘illuminated manuscript’ of the record, tiny portraits of some of the characters I tried to bring to life in these songs.”
5. Little Scream just wrapped up a successful run of US dates with Sharon Van Etten. Following a performance at The National’s Music Now Festival in Cincinnati Little Scream will hit the road again, this time with The Antlers. Tour dates are all here.